RESPONSIBLE PROCUREMENT POLICY
We’re committed to operating sustainably but recognise that a significant proportion of our social, environmental and economic impacts arise indirectly through our supply chain. We are in a position to positively influence these through the careful selection of our suppliers and products, and proactive supply chain engagement and collaboration. Improving the sustainability of our supply chain supports delivery of UN Sustainable Development Goal 12, Responsible Consumption and Production, and is a key aim of our business. This policy sets out how we do this.
Continuum Attractions operates a number of diverse and unique entertainment attractions across the UK. Supply chain sustainability impacts predominantly stem from retail, food and beverage purchases. The majority of company spend in these areas is with Group-selected suppliers. This is supplemented with locally-chosen suppliers for smaller spend categories (e.g. cleaning products) and attraction-specific offerings (e.g. locally sourced food and retail products).
Our approach to responsible sourcing is founded on the following Group supply chain principles:
We aspire for our supply chain to:
- Operate ethically, in compliance with all-relevant legislation and to avoid in-proper activities including corruption, anti-competitive practices, conflicts of interest and miss-management of confidential and personal information.
- Respect the ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work, including freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining; elimination of all forms of forced, compulsory and child labour; non-discrimination, fair working conditions and provision of a safe and healthy working environment.
- Abide by applicable environmental laws and regulations, and work to continuously improve any significant environmental impacts including, for example, energy, GHG emissions, air pollution, travel, waste and water reduction, plus reduction in packaging and avoidance of single-use plastics.
We seek to offer our customers some:
- Ethically and responsibly sourced products.
- Locally sourced produce and retail items that are relevant to our attractions.
- Food and drink offerings that cater for different dietary requirements; respect and highlight allergen information; and include healthy and locally sourced options.
We conduct appropriate financial due diligence checks on all key supply chain partners prior to engagement.
These Group principles are applied to Group suppliers and individual attractions also apply the Group principles to the selection of additional local suppliers and products.
Highlights from our responsible sourcing framework include:
- Removal of all single-use plastic carrier bags. Instead, we offer only recyclable cotton tote bags, with recyclable paper bags available on request in some locations.
- All attractions that sell plush toys offer some toys with a partial or fully recycled filling.
- Developing our own-branded food and confectionary ranges to remove all non-RSPO certified palm oil, and stocking of palm-oil free chocolate options in the vast majority of attractions.
- Working with our supply chain to reduce packaging waste. For example, using home compostable packaging for bagged sweets, removing cellophane wrapping from our own brand magnets and keyrings where possible, and using recyclable wrappers.
- Stocking a brand of wooden toys that are sourced from sustainably certified (FSC) timber.
At GreenWood Family Park additional local sourcing highlights include:
- Using environmentally friendly laundry products and avoiding the use of pesticides and herbicides.
- Purchasing only energy efficient LED lighting.
- Offering vegetarian, vegan and other dietary requirement menu options.
- Sourcing locally and Welsh-produced goods and food including keyrings, homeware, books, ice-cream and coffee, and purchasing restaurant food/ingredients from a Welsh food wholesaler.
- Selling Fairtrade and Rainforest Alliance Certified coffee.
- Using biodegradable straws and avoiding the purchase of other single use plastics.
- Using other brands with a sustainability ethos, such as Aurora¸Deluxbase and Nature Planet Inc.
Our approach to responsible procurement is led by our Group Retail Manager and overseen by our Chief Executive.
This policies applies to all retail, food and beverage purchases.
We are continually evolving and improving our approach and will review and update this policy at least annually.
Signed by Steven Lester