Unfortunately due to the Welsh Government announcement made on Monday 19th October, SpookWood is cancelled this year! Following the latest restrictions GreenWood will close 5:30pm Friday 23rd October.
If you have already booked your tickets to visit us during half-term, don’t worry we’re in the process of contacting every customer to organise a full refund however, please bear with us, as we are a small team and we have lots of calls to make.
Know before you go: everything you need to know for your visit to GreenWood Family Park
Your safety and that of your family, as well as our team, is our highest priority. Therefore, with this in mind, we have redesigned our attraction putting social distancing measures in place; this means you can still enjoy a great day out with us.
Our aim is for both you and us to follow our social etiquette guidelines, so your time with us is enjoyable and you visit with confidence. To find out more, keep reading, click here to download our official company statement, or check out this video:
These are the things we are doing:
- Checking in – Please queue following our socially distanced footprints. Once you reach the admissions booth we encourage every guest to use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Reduced capacity – we have reduced the number of people allowed at GreenWood at any one time. This will be closely monitored to ensure you have space and an enjoyable experience.
- Face Masks – Please can you also bring your own face covering with you, for adults and children, as there will be some rides where a mask will be required if you wish to use the activity. Children under three are not required to wear any face coverings. Please note face coverings will also be required in our indoor areas such as, our gift shop, Woodbarn and toliet facilities, following the latest Welsh Government guidelines.
- 2-meter distancing throughout the attraction – we have installed safety signage and floor markings. For our team members, we have installed safety screens at the till and admission points. There will also be limited seating available throughout the park, so it may be best to bring your own picnic blanket so you can sit down as a family to eat your food. Don’t worry… we’ll still have take-away food available, including our popular and locally produced hotdogs & burgers for you to enjoy too!
- Team Safety protocols – where applicable, our team will be wearing masks or visors and sometimes gloves (they’ll still be smiling!!). Team members will endeavour to maintain a 2-metre distance between you and your group, where possible. (Prior to every shift, our team will complete a pre-check, including hand washing and a temperature check, to ensure they are ready and able to work).
- Wash/ Sanitising Hands – we have installed hand sanitiser points at regular intervals around GreenWood.
- Cards not cash – our online booking system is easy to use, please book on-line in advance. As capacity will be reduced this means you can guarantee to visit on your preferred day at our best price and avoid disappointment. Please note, our shop, snack bars and café on-site, are cashless, please use card payments only. Our contactless limit has increased to £45. However, for activities such as ride photos, tractors and diggers you will require £1 coins to operate these, which you will need to bring with you as we’re unable to give any change.
- Clean it, clean it, clean it! – we already maintain the highest of hygiene standards on site, but now more than ever we’ll be going above and beyond to make sure that the attraction is super clean. We’ve upped the regular cleaning regime of surfaces and touchpoints and have invested in more thorough deep cleans as well.
- Main Park – Our outdoor rides and activities as detailed below will be open on weekends throughout September and October, apart from October half term where we’ll be open 24th October – 1st November.
- Woodbarn Soft Play & Cafe – Our indoor Woodbarn soft play area and Cafe will be open Monday – Friday only during October. And… did you know, we’re using a virucidal antiseptic fogging process on our soft play area! This means all surfaces are sanitised and offers protection against germs such as COVID-19, for up to 24 hours, protecting you and your little ones!
- Rides – all of our rides have been marked out to ensure social distancing, but may close at short notice if we feel it is safer to do so. Please note this table is updated daily and subject to change. Please note, on the dates we’re open in October rides will operate on a rota basis and our admission prices have been reduced to accommodate this change.-
Following the Welsh Government guidelines the rides and activities we’re able to open are as follows at weekends and October half-term:
|Green Dragon |
|Great Green Run|
|Snowdon View||Enchanted River Ride||LongBow Archery|
|Moon Karts||Woodland Rovers|
(£1 coin required)
|Poets Corner||Den Building||Magic Chair|
|Toddlers Village||Little Green Run||Tree Top Towers|
|Tunnel Warren||Junior Adventure |
(£1 coin required)
The following rides and activities which will remain closed at weekends and half-term, following lock-down are as follows:
|Woodbarn Cafe & |
|Dragon Maze||Barefoot Trail|
|Giant Jumper||Little Forest Play Barn|
As you can see we have thought very carefully about your safety and we’d encourage you to do the same.
This is what we ask that you do for your fellow guests’ safety:
- Book online in advance – as numbers are reduced, this will guarantee your entrance on the day you want and at our very best price.
- If you are not well, do not visit – high temperature, coughing or any other recognised symptoms. Come when you are well. We will enforce this.
- If you are well then, please arrive nice and early to allow plenty of time for possible queues.
- Maintain a 2-metre distance between your family group and others – we are all getting used to it!
- Use hand sanitiser when you arrive and at regular intervals on your visit and where required please also wear your masks.
- Go frictionless! Use cards not cash.
- Have fun and share the adventure!
We have worked with Association of Leading Visitor Attractions, British Association of Leisure Attractions, UK Hospitality and Visit Wales to re-design our safe operating procedures so you can visit with confidence. The above steps are already in place. We may add or take away a couple of steps, depending on Government guidelines as they are released, but right now, this is our focus.
Have you downloaded the free NHS COVID-19 app?
From Thursday 24th September, we’re requesting all guests who visit GreenWood Family Park to scan the QR code we have displayed at admissions, to help support NHS Wales. For more information about the app, what it does and how it works please visit… https://www.covid19.nhs.uk/
We cannot wait to welcome you and share the adventure…
Please note: we’ve taken enhanced health and safety measures across our site for you, our other guest and our team members. An inherent risk of COVID-19 exists in every public place where people are present. By entering our attraction, guests except they have a duty to take steps to ensure their own safety. All guests should behave in a safe manner or we will ask you to leave for the safety of others. Please respect our team.