We want you to thoroughly enjoy your stay with us but there have to be some terms and conditions – so here they are!
- “Tipi” means a Tipi
- “Site” means the GreenWood glamping site
- “Park” means the GreenWood Family Park
- “Site Specific Rules” means the rules in force at the Site.
- “you” or “your” means the person named in the booking confirmation
- “we”, “us”, or “our” means GreenWood Forest Park Ltd
- “your party” means you and your guests/invitees to the Site, including any approved pets
The contract of hire shall be between you and us.
We may update these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
2.0 Your Booking
2.1 By submitting the online booking form, you agree that you are 18 years of age or older and that you accept full responsibility for all payments due and for the actions and consequences of all persons who will use the Tipi during the holiday, including all members of your party.
2.2 All payments are due in full at the time of booking unless you are otherwise advised by us.
2.3 The Site is not suitable for hen and stag parties or for groups of young unaccompanied adults.
2.4 We reserve the right to accept or decline the on-line booking entirely at our discretion.
2.5 Your contract with us will begin when we issue you with your booking confirmation sent to the email address you provide. Your booking confirmation will set out the Tipi you have booked, the dates of your booking, the number of guests and the total amount paid for your booking.
2.6 Your contract with us will be on the terms set out in these Terms and Conditions. All personal and contact details on the booking form must be legitimate and correct. We reserve the right to cancel your booking if your personal / contact details are found to be incorrect.
2.7 We can only discuss your bookings (including any changes) with you. We cannot discuss the booking with another member of your party unless you give express consent for us to do so. All changes must be agreed with us in advance in writing (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
2.8 Note there are fixed arrival and departure times which must be recognised and adhered to, please see section 6.0 for further details.
2.9 Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
2.10 We allow 2 well behaved dogs per Tipi. Dogs must be booked in advance and charged at £30 each per stay. Conditions apply to their behaviours. Please see section 0 below.
2.11 We hope to welcome everyone but before booking please note we are a rural location with uneven ground and paths – please contact our booking team online to discuss if the Tipi is fully appropriate for your needs and that of your whole party.
2.12 Your booking includes complimentary entrance to the park for the named booked guests only and is subject to the opening hours of the park. Please check on our website for all information relevant to the Park and the Site before booking your Tipi.
2.13 No day guests can be welcomed into the Tipi areas for your safety and security and for that of other guests. You and your party must comply with the park and Site rules in force throughout the duration of your visit. Park Terms and Conditions an be found here https://www.greenwoodfamilypark.co.uk/terms-conditions/
3.0 Maximum occupancy for your Tipi
3.1 You must ensure that the maximum number of persons occupying the Tipi does not exceed the maximum occupancy limits set out on your booking confirmation. You must not bring additional camp beds to the Tipi.
3.2 We set maximum occupancy limits in line with the facilities, space and equipment available at the Site and to comply with applicable health and safety and regulatory requirements. As such, we reserve the right to require you to leave the Site (without any compensation or refund) if you exceed the maximum occupancy limits.
4.0 Paying for your Tipi
4.1 All payments are due in full at the time of booking unless you are otherwise advised by us.
4.2 Your contract with us is a contract for the provision of accommodation for a leisure Tipi on a specific date or dates and this means that you do not have a statutory right to change your mind and cancel the contract as per Regulation 28 of the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013/3134.
4.3 Please see point 9.0 Changing or cancelling your booking for details.
5.1 We expect the Tipi to be left “as found”.
5.2 If you discover that anything is damaged on arrival at your Tipi you must notify us immediately at the Site Office. If you do not notify us we will assume that you caused the relevant damage or loss. You will be responsible for the cost of any damage to the Tipi or its contents caused by you or by any member of your party or animal brought with you.
5.3 You undertake to report to us any damage caused by you or your party to the facilities on the Site, the Tipi or its contents. You shall be liable for the cost of making good all losses or damage to the furnishings, fixtures, fittings and contents for which you are responsible, (fair wear and tear excepted), within 14 days following the last day of the stay. In considering any complaint, we’ll take into account whether we have been given the opportunity to investigate it and put matters right as detailed in section 0.
5.4 Please note that we will not tolerate any written, verbal or physical abuse towards any of our team or our representatives.
5.5 If you are unhappy with the services we have provided or any other matter, please contact us as soon as possible using the contact details set out on our website.
6.1 Access to the Tipi is strictly after 4.00pm on the first date of the hire period and terminates at 10.00am on the scheduled departure date. This is to ensure the Tipi can be properly cleaned and prepared for our next guest.
6.2 Check in time is no later than 7.30pm and if you have not checked-in by that time, we reserve the right to deem the booking to have been cancelled (in which case no refund will be given).
6.3 If you do not leave the Tipi by the required departure time we reserve the right to charge you a late checkout fee of one night’s stay for the applicable tipi at that time.
7.1 The hire fee will include:
- All bed linen up to the maximum occupancy. If fresh bed linen is required over and above this, a charge of £30 per person will be payable;
- Access to a communal block including showers and toilets, electricity, charging points, a fridge, toaster, microwave and kettle. Please bring your own towels and bathrobes – these are not included.
- Access to a communal BBQ area a safe distance away from the Tipis in line with Fire Regulations.
7.2 There is a Site warden resident on Site or an emergency contact number.
7.3 The Site is rural and there is no electricity in the Tipis. Decorative solar and battery lights are provided.
7.4 One car park space near to the Site but not next to the Tipi is allocated for the appropriate Tipi for the duration of your stay.
We carry insurance for our Tipis, including the buildings, furnishings, fixtures, fittings and all contents of every description. However, you shall be responsible for insuring your personal effects as occupiers, and we accept no responsibility for the loss or damage to your vehicles or personal belongings. We also advise that you should take out some form of cancellation insurance, should you have to cancel due to redundancy, sickness, burglary, accidents or other unforeseen circumstances that could curtail your booking.
9.0 Changing or cancelling your booking
9.1 If you want to change any detail of your confirmed booking you must let the Site know directly by email (email@example.com) quoting your booking reference as soon as possible.
9.2 Whilst we will do our best to accommodate you, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to meet any request for changes. This will be at our sole discretion.
9.3 If you need to change your booking and we are able to accept the proposed change, you will be charged an administration fee of £15. You must also pay us any additional Tipi costs due as a result of the change – we will confirm the amount of any additional Tipi costs due at the time we change your booking. If your Tipi costs are lower as a result of the change, we’ll refund you the difference at the time we change your booking, after deducting the administration fee referred to above.
9.4 If you choose to cancel your booking, the following charges will apply:
|No. of days prior to booking start date||Cancellation charge|
|2 weeks or less||100% of the total booking charge|
|4 weeks or less||75% of the total booking charge|
|8 weeks or less||50% of the total booking charge|
10.0 If we need to change or cancel your booking
10.1 We shall be entitled to cancel this Agreement for any reason, including in the event of causes beyond our reasonable control, such as fire, flood, storm, pandemic, war or similar cause or in the event of death or serious incapacity or injury to the us or a member of staff or Site team. Should we cancel this Agreement at any time, for any reason whatsoever, all fees paid by you at the date of such cancellation will be returned to you immediately.
10.2 We do not expect to have to make changes to your booking, however occasionally bookings have to be changed or cancelled. We will only change or cancel your booking:
- if necessary to perform or complete essential remedial or refurbishment works; or
- for other reasons unforeseen at the time you made your booking which are beyond our reasonable control. This may include occasions where the Tipi becomes inaccessible due to a Meteorological Office Severe Weather Warning or other severe weather event; or
- if other exceptional circumstances apply and we deem it necessary to cancel your booking
10.3 If we do need to change or cancel your booking for any reason, we will do our best to offer you a suitable alternative booking. If we’re not able to offer you a suitable alternative, or if you don’t accept the alternative we offer, the booking will be deemed cancelled and we will refund you the total amount you have paid us for the booking.
10.4 If we do need to change or cancel your booking for any reason, section 0 below will apply.
10.5 If we do need to change or cancel your booking because it becomes impossible to deliver the booking due unforeseen events beyond our reasonable control, we’ll do our best to offer you a suitable alternative booking for either the same dates or alternative dates. If you don’t accept the alternative we offer, the booking will be deemed cancelled and no refund of any amounts paid will be offered.
11.0 Group bookings
We are delighted to welcome family groups however our site is not suitable for stag or hen parties.
12.1 We only allow well behaved dogs. These will be charged at £30 each, guide dog/service dog not included, please notify us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to arrival.
- Dogs must be booked in in advance. If you do not inform us in advance, the cost will be deducted from your Damage Deposit.
- 2 dogs maximum per Tipi.
- Dogs must be kept on a short lead, friendly towards others and there are no issues with persistent barking, do not tie them up and leave them unattended.
- You must bring your own dog beds/blankets.
- Dogs are not allowed on the furniture.
- Dogs must NEVER be left in the Tipi unsupervised.
- Dogs are welcome in the Park, they must be kept on a short lead, friendly towards others and there are no issues with persistent barking, do not tie them up and leave them unattended.
- Please clean up any dog mess anywhere on the Site or in the Tipi before departure.
- If we find damage, excessive hair or dirt, the associated costs of rectifying this will be deducted from your Damage Deposit and we will be entitled to recover from you any costs in excess of the Damage Deposit that we incur in connection with excess cleaning.
12.2 Unfortunately, no other domestic pets are permitted.
13.1 You agree to allow us and our authorised representatives to inspect the Tipi during the hire on reasonable notice being given. We also reserve the right to inspect the Tipi without notice where we deem this necessary. Please note that if you do not comply with the standards and behaviours set out in this Section 0 we may need to exercise our rights under Section 17.0 (“Our right to evict”).
13.2 The parties hereto certify that this Agreement is not a lease which gives effect to an agreement for lease.
14.1 This is for everyone’s benefit!
14.2 Smoking is not permitted in any part of your Tipi. Please note smoking includes use of vapours and/or e-cigarettes. You and your party must not smoke inside your Tipi. You and your party must not use candles, tea-lights, fireworks or Chinese lanterns at your Tipi.
14.3 You and your party must not use barbeques, gas stoves, or other naked flames and cooking equipment inside any Tipi unless it is provided as part of the Tipi offer.
14.4 You and your party agree not to cause unreasonable nuisance and noise to nearby properties that might give grounds for neighbour or police complaints.
14.5 Parents and guardians are fully responsible for the behaviour of their children. Children are not allowed onto the Park unaccompanied at any time. Please note ALL adults must be accompanied by a child to visit the Park.
14.6 We are a rural Site and noise and light must be reduced between 10pm and 7am.
14.7 We reserve the right to terminate this agreement and ask you and your party to leave immediately if this is deemed necessary by us, as a result of you or your party’s behaviour or any material breach of these Terms and Conditions.
14.8 We use a 3-step approach in situations where you or your party have breached these Terms and Conditions or other Site Specific Rules:
14.9 The 3 Step Approach
- One of our friendly team will come and advise you of their concern, explain our rules and our reasoning for it, and make clear the behaviour or actions required from you to resolve the issue.
- In the instance that the required behaviour is not followed, our team member will visit again and advise that we have previously discussed our concerns with you, and give you the opportunity to ask further questions or clarify the actions required. At this stage we will remind you of our 3-step approach and that we may need to ask you to leave the Site if the issue continues.
- At this stage, we have already spoken to you twice about this issue, with clear actions required, and have advised of the consequences of not complying with our Terms and Conditions. You will be advised of your need to depart your Tipi at that time and you will not receive a refund.
We hope in all instances that we are able to resolve the issues at stage 1 or 2. If not, section 16.0 below will apply.
15.0 Our liability to you
15.1 Save for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude by law (such as for death or personal injury) or arising under applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information, we are not legally responsible for any:
- losses that were not foreseeable to you and us when the contract was formed. A loss is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our change or cancellation of your booking or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into this contract;
- losses that were not caused by any breach on our part; or
- business losses.
16.0 Our right to evict
16.1 We may terminate our contract with you and ask you to leave your Tipi and the Site immediately (without any compensation being payable) if:
- We consider that you or your party have committed a serious breach of these Terms and Conditions;
- We consider that your or your party’s behaviour endangers the safety of our visitors or staff;
- Any complaints are made of anti-social or unacceptable behaviour against you or your party;
- You or your party cause an unreasonable amount of damage to the Tipi or its contents; or you exceed the maximum occupancy limit for your Tipi.
17.0 Events beyond our control
17.1 We will not be responsible for any failure to perform our obligations under these Terms and Conditions that is caused by an event outside our control.
17.2 An event outside our control means any act or event that is beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation severe weather event, drought, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, strikes or industrial action by third parties, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war or threat of war, civil commotion, riot, invasion, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks.
18.0 Some practical information for your stay
18.1 If you believe you have left any of your possessions behind at your Tipi, please contact us as soon as possible. We reserve the right to charge you for any storage and delivery costs that we incur in relation to your lost items. We charge a lost item charge of £10 to cover our admin costs and standard Royal Mail delivery up to 2kgs in the UK to return your items to you (subject to the terms of this section 18.1). If a request to return your items deviates from these conditions, then we reserve the right to charge you any additional costs. Where possible, we’ll hold all lost items for three months, after which they will be disposed of. Perishables will be disposed of immediately and are therefore unreturnable. In addition, we will only be able to return items permissible by Royal Mail.
18.2 The Site is in a rural area and it is important that you and your party do not interrupt or endanger the livelihood of those working at the Site or on the Park.
18.3 Bats and other wildlife may be present on the Site. We request that you and your party do not disturb or interfere with wildlife and other animals. Any disturbance caused by wildlife should be reported to us immediately and reasonable steps will then be taken to assist. Please remember that bats are a protected species and it is illegal to interfere with them or their habitat.
18.4 You and your party are to enter and/or exit the Tipi through the designated Tipi gate and reception lodge only.
18.5 Under no circumstances should you or your party enter the Park outside of opening hours.
18.6 Fire safety policy
- We must ensure for everyone’s safety that the Site BBQ equipment is kept within the designated communal BBQ area.
- Only the Site BBQ’s can be used and in the designated area marked on the Tipi map, and supervised by a responsible adult at all times. BBQ’s must never be taken into buildings or Tipis for safety reasons. You are NOT permitted to bring your own fire pit. Any guest fire pits/BBQ’s will be confiscated immediately.
- Open fires are under no circumstances permitted anywhere on the Site. You can buy charcoal at our Site Reception or bring your own.
19.0 Data protection
20.0 Governing Law
20.1 The laws of England and Wales apply to this contract, although if you are resident elsewhere you will retain the benefit of any mandatory protections given to you by the laws of that country.
20.2 Any disputes will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. This means that you can choose whether to bring a claim in the courts of England and Wales or in the courts of another part of the UK in which you live.
21.0 Other terms
21.1 We can transfer our contract with you, so that a different organisation is responsible for supplying your service. We’ll tell you in writing if this happens and we’ll ensure that the transfer won’t affect your rights under the contract. You can only transfer your contract with us to someone else if we agree to this.
21.2 If a court or other authority decides that some of these terms are unlawful, the rest will continue to apply.
21.3 Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. We might not immediately chase you for not doing something (like paying) or for doing something you’re not allowed to, but that doesn’t mean we can’t do it later.
Greenwood Family Park
Company – GreenWood Forest Park Ltd
Company Registration 04769234
St Edmund’s House