Did you know that at GreenWood, all the main rides and attractions are completely powered by visitors, including the only people powered RollerCoaster in the world?
A school visit to GreenWood is packed with adventure, fun and education. In advance of your visit, we will also help you develop a timetable to get the most from your day.
So much to discover
Explore our map to see all the adventure at GreenWood including…
- Build dens in the Wild Wood
- Walk without shoes on the Barefoot trail
- Board the world’s only people powered coaster
- Navigate your way around the Enchanted River Ride
- Solve the Dragon Maze
- And More
For younger visitors, there is also plenty to keep them occupied too with the Little Forest PlayBarn, Tunnel Warren, the Little Green Run and Toddlers’ Village.
2020 School Prices
Schools groups must be a minimum of 15 paying people to quality for these prices.
|School Rates||Term Time||Holidays|
|Adult Carer / Disabled||£4.80||£5.58|
|Child Carer / Disabled||£4.48||£5.08|
We also offer FREE admission for one adult for every 10 children for School visits.
Making the most of your visit
We’ve been welcoming school visits for over 25 years and can provide some excellent advice to help you make the most of your visit.
Lunches: There are several snack bars on the Park as well as the Woodbarn Cafe selling everything from sandwiches, snacks, freshly cooked meals, ice cream and hot and cold drinks. School trips are also welcome to bring their own picnics and eat outdoors at our picnic tables or under cover in the Puzzle Barn if it’s not too busy.
Gift shop: Depending on the season, the Acorn Gift Shop can be very busy from 1:00pm -2.30pm. We advise school teachers to organise at least some of the children’s shopping earlier in the day.
To go through the gift shop, larger groups need to be split into groups of no more than twenty children at a time; therefore sufficient time needs to be allocated so your entire party can complete their shopping before your preferred departure time.
Log Sawing with Name Engraved: Our rangers will help you saw a disc of wood from a log, they will then engrave your name onto the disc for you to take home as a reminder of your trip. This must be booked prior to your visit @ £1.50 per child.
Forest Theatre Shows: During June & July there will be a daily 20 minute show in the Forest Theatre from one of our excellent entertainers – Please check our Special Events Page on our website prior to your visit for further information.
- SolarSplash Min accompanied height is 95cm & age 3yrs. Min unaccompanied height is 125cm & age 8yrs. (SolarSplash will remain closed during Feb Half Term, 2019 prices will apply)
- GreenDragon Min accompanied height is 97cm. Min unaccompanied height is 120cm. (GreenDragon will remain closed during Feb Half Term, 2019 prices will apply)
- The Enchanted WoodBarn soft play area is suitable for a maximum height of 140cm. On busy school trip days it may not be possible for your group to visit The Enchanted WoodBarn, so to avoid disappointment please phone & book your timeslot prior to your visit.
- Persons with Season Passes receive free entry, Season Pass must be presented by the organiser prior to payment being confirmed – No refunds will be given for Season Passes presented after this time
- GreenWood has partial disabled access and provides a really enjoyable day out each year for our many disabled visitors. The Park has many areas fully accessible to either assisted or powered wheelchairs. GreenWood is, however, an Adventure Park and there are certain areas, rides and activities which a disabled visitor will find it difficult or impossible to access. GreenWood offers a 50% discount for disabled persons & carers.