Well it’s the end of the season, and what a great season it was! It was brilliant to see so many new faces this year on the Park and I hope you all had a fabulous time.
We ended the season with our usual Halloween Spooktacular. Take a look at some of the pictures below;
The main Park is now closed but the Enchanted WoodBarn, our indoor soft play area is open daily from 10am-5:30pm (excluding 24th, 25th, 26th Dec and 1st Jan). Our Santa’s Grotto starts from Saturday 30th November see more information here.
Bye for now,
There’s still plenty of time to enjoy some great events this summer….
See Ricardo the Pirate, Howard the Magician or Smarty Marty the Clown at the Forest Theatre performing their ever popular and unforgettable shows and challenges, be transformed by Lookachu Body Art and Hair Braiding or have your face painted by Lisa and Moira. Fancy taking something special home with you? Make a Gypsy flower, do some log sawing with name engraving or even experience Pyro Art with Nader! Also don’t miss our ever popular Donkey Rides, take a ride on one of GreenWood’s newest friends!
Elsewhere onsite, jump aboard the worlds’ only people powered roller coaster, zoom down Wales’ longest sledge run or embark on a Jungle Boat Adventure. For those rainy days, head inside the Enchanted WoodBarn for a mystical world of indoor play! Set in 17 magical acres, you’ll discover bags of woodland adventure and forest family fun.
I look forward to seeing you all soon!
This Sunday 16th June is Father’s Day and what better way to celebrate than a full day of Forest Fun!
This Father’s Day treat your Dad to fun packed day out in the Forest. GreenWood Forest Park, Y Felinheli is great fun for children as well as Dads who are young at heart!
Jump aboard the world’s only people powered roller coaster, zoom down the longest sledge run in Wales and embark on the Jungle Boat Adventure. Plus, build a Den in the Wild Woods, take off your socks and shoes for the BareFoot Trail or take a ride on the fabulous Moon Karts.
To make the day extra special GreenWood will be giving out a FREE gift to all Dads, an engraved wooden disk to keep as a memento of the day.
Looking forward to seeing you all soon!
Bye for now,
I hope you all enjoyed your half term; it was great to see so many people at the Park. It’s not long now till the main season when the Park reopens on 16th March for a whole season full of Forest Fun!
Here at GreenWood we are doing our bit for this year’s Climate Week, which runs from 4th– 10th March.
We will be holding a swapping event, where visitors bring in any old toys / books or children’s clothes that they no longer want or need to swap with others. The event will be held in the Enchanted WoodBarn (our indoor soft play area) on Wednesday 6th March from 10am-2:30pm. Why not pop along and see if you can bring new life to old toys. Parents can browse the items whilst the children play. (Normal winter admission applies)
As well as this event we are also giving away Yew Tree’s to any local churches who wish to plant them in their Church Yards- for more information about this click here.
I hope you can join us.
See you soon,
I hope that you had a great October half term. It’s very quiet at the Park now we are closed, although there’s plenty to be done to get us ready for seeing you all again in December!
For the first time ever we are going to be opening our new indoor play area- The Enchanted WoodBarn and GreenOak Café this winter, from 8th December. The rest of the Park will stay closed until February half term next year; the maintenance team are busy making sure it will be ready for the 2013 season.
Some even more exciting news is it that Siôn Corn / Santa Claus will be here every weekend in December, starting from the 8th. You can see Santa, receive a present and play in the Enchanted WoodBarn for just £6.50!
If you would like to book to see him just call our friendly office team on 01248 671493 or you can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I hope you can join us this winter.
See you soon,
There was frightfully good fun had at GreenWood over the October half term, thank you all for coming! It was great to see so many Halloween costumes from ghosts to ghouls, Witches and Cats! Take a look at some of my favourite pictures of the week below;
I hope you are all enjoying being back at school, It was great to see you over the summer months.
Here at GreenWood we are busy preparing for our Hallowe’en spooktacular! I can’t wait to dress up in my Hallowe’en outfit and I’m looking forward to seeing all the boys and girls in their spooky costumes, if you come dressed up over the October half term you will get a FREE hot chocolate!
Don’t miss all the spooky goings on…….
From Saturday the 20th of October, Snowdonia’s award-winning eco adventure park will be brimming with Hallowe’en fun for the whole family. Get creative with creepy crafts – make lanterns, ghosts and monstrous masks, create your own Harry Potter broomstick and bring a witch’s pet to life. Keep your eyes peeled for witches and other spooky creatures in the trees, or become one yourself with freaky face painting. Head on down to the Forest Theatre for a trick or treat from Howard the magician and Ricardo’s Halloween show. A special visit from the North Wales Bird Trust and their Owls on the 31tst October will be a delight not to be missed, why not accompany the Owl’s on a walk through the woods. New for 2012- Don’t miss our Chamber of Lights from 27th-29th!
Wow! With so many things to do you will be sure to have a happy Hallowe’en!
To find out what’s happening on the day you visit us, check out our What’s On Calendar.
That’s all for now folks- look forward to seeing you this Hallowe’en!
I hope you have all been enjoying your school holidays and the fantastic sunshine!
Here at GreenWood I have met many new faces this summer as well as some old ones too! With so many things to do this August Bank Holiday I thought I would keep you up to date;
Roll up, roll up for the Circus Skills Workshop at GreenWood Forest Park this Bank Holiday Weekend!
Come along this Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th between 1:30 and 3:30pm and learn the tricks of the trade from a circus professional. From Diablo dabbling to plate spinning, there’s something to suit all ages and abilities. As well as this we have bags of extra events;
• Howard the Magician 25th & 27th at 1&3pm
• Ricardo the Pirate 26th-27th 2&4pm
• Smarty Marty’s Kiddies Challenge, 25th at 2&4pm 26th at 1&3pm
• John the Wood Turner 26th 11-5pm
• Face Painting with Moira 25th -27th 11-4pm
• Pyro Art with Nader 27th 11-4pm
• Lookachu Body Art and Hair Braiding 25th-27th 11-5pm
• Gypsy Flowers with Gari 27th 11-4pm
• Donkey Rides! 25th-26th 10-5pm (break 1-2pm)
• Make a Red Squirrel nest Box 28th & 29th 10-5pm
Have you met my new friends the donkeys yet? Donkey rides are available throughout the school holidays from Tuesday to Sunday. Why not come along and meet Olly, Toby, Boysey and Tiny Tim.
Are you a big fan of dressing up? We are having a special Pirate and Princess Day here on bank holiday Monday, Click here to find out more.
Not sure what day to visit us in North Wales? Take a look at our What’s On Calendar showing all what there is to do.
Looking forward to seeing you all soon,
Love Harley xx
Have you met my new friends yet?
Donkey Rides have now started at GeenWood and pictured below was the first person to have a go. Caleb from Bangor was first in the queue and was eagerly awaiting his go on the Donkeys.
The Donkeys will be a the park from Tuesday – Sunday every week of the school holidays from 10-5pm. The donkeys will have their lunch break from 1-2pm. Find them by Poets Corner on the Park.
I hope you can visit soon!
Bye for now,
We’ve had some great feedback lately from our visitors so i thought i would share some of it with you;
- The best thing about GreenWood is being able to let your children run free around the park knowing that they are in a safe environment to explore, have fun, use
their imaginations, create things but most of all do what kids to best be kids
- For me it is because it is not all fancy rides and gimmiks, it is good simple fun outdoors and that is why i love it.
- The best thing about GreenWood is the look on the children’s faces when they arrive at the entrance,and which is still there when they leave! sheer pleasure,excitement,joy! amazing and it’s in wonderful Wales!
- The best thing about GreenWood is that the whole family always have a fab day no matter what time of year you visit or what the weathers like.
- A great day out for all the family. Excellent facilities and entertainment for all ages.
- Great value for money! A full day of family fun! Even very little children can get a great experience from visiting this park. There are loads of rides and activities to do and all set in beautiful grounds with lovely views of the Snowdonian range.This is an outdoor attraction so I would only go when the weather is decent unless you want to be dragging wet, miserable kids around! This attraction gets the kids moving with action packed play areas, zip lines, barefoot walks, slides, eco dragon ride and much more! We took a packed lunch with us; there were plenty of places to sit and eat it. Toilet facilities were spotless.We will be returning!
- Visited here yesterday with my 2 year old ( 3 next wk) and my 10 month old, excellent day out with lots to do for 2 yr old. Will be visiting again when boys are older.
Bye for now,